Watch the video below or read on to learn how to whitelist sender email addresses and domains in your TEARcloud dashboard.
Email and domain whitelisting was enabled on all TEARcloud accounts in 2016 to ensure higher deliverability for our members and adherence to proper emailing practices. In order to send emails with TEARcloud SMTP, you will be required to whitelist, or verify, the email address you will be sending from.
Whitelisting is a short process, and if you have multiple email addresses for one domain, you will have the option of whitelisting your entire domain at once to save time.
Benefits of Whitelisting
Requiring verification will be beneficial for the people being emailed and for the sender. We want to ensure that our members do not send emails from an address they do not own, whether it is accidentally or for malicious purposes.
Subscribers will be safe from phishing scams and our members will be prohibited from using emails they do not own, which will decrease their likelihood of being blacklisted or marked as spam and ending up in their subscribers’ junk folders.
Choosing Your Method
Verification only takes a couple of minutes whether you decide to whitelist a single email address or your entire domain.
If you do not own a domain or just have 1-2 email addresses that you use for sending, we recommend whitelisting your email senders individually.
If you will be using many different emails with the same domain, like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and so on, we recommend whitelisting the whole domain at once.
There is an extra step this way but you’ll save time in the long run because you’ll only have to go through the process once to whitelist virtually all email addresses with @”yourdomain”.
How To Whitelist an Email Address
1. To begin, login to your TEARcloud account and in your dashboard, click on "SMTP" in the left hand column, then click “Sender Whitelist” in the drop-down.
2. On the next page, type in the email address that you want to whitelist and click on “Add Whitelisted Sender”.
3. You will be sent a verification link to the email address you provided. Once you click that verification link, your email address will be marked as “True” in your dashboard under “Whitelisted Senders” and you are ready to start emailing!
How To Whitelist a Domain
1. In your TEARcloud dashboard, click on "SMTP" in the left hand column, then click “Domain Whitelist” in the drop-down.
2. Type in the domain you wish to whitelist, and make sure the “Default domain authentication”radio button is selected (you can find directions for the more advanced "Custom domain authentication" here).
Then, click on “Add Whitelisted Domain”. It will be added to your list of domains on the right side of your screen, but it is not verified yet.
3. Click on the green “Verify Domain” button and download the provided verification .txt file that you will need to add to the root folder of your domain.
4. Upload the file in your domain control panel, and open it. Once this is done, go back to your TEARcloud dashboard and click on the green “Validate Domain” button, and your domain will be added.
Now you can send from any email address with @“yourdomain”!
3/23/2017 3:39:04 PM